That’s the big question you have, isn’t it? How do you get more followers on Instagram? The answer to your question is right here.Read More
Fun fact: hashtags used to confuse THE HELL out of me. A few years ago I used to avoid using them, purely because I didn’t know how they worked and thought they’d be too difficult to wrap my head around.
Now, hashtags are one of the most high-impact strategies that I’ve used to grow my online presence. And honestly, I LOVE them.
Here’s a little snippet of how hashtags can rapidly grow your presence on social media…
- Tweets with hashtags receive 2x more engagement than those without hashtags
- Tweets with one or two hashtags have 21% higher engagement than those with three or more hashtags
- Tweets with one or more hashtag are 55 percent more likely to be retweeted
- Interactions are highest on Instagram posts with 11+ hashtags
I mean seriously, what single thing can do that for all your active social media platforms?
Plus, using hashtags played a huge part in the social media posting schedule that increased traffic to my blog by over 100%.
For that reason, when someone is starting to build their online presence and feeling the pressure to do #allthethings, I encourage them to focus on hashtags as one of their first actions.
It’s also why I encourage other bloggers and business owners that are already experienced to concentrate on hashtags too. They always work.
No matter what you write about or what social media channels you concentrate on, hashtags can help you quickly grow your traffic and community.
So let’s get into exactly why they're are so great and how to use them, too.
IN A NUTSHELL
#Hashtags (see what I did there 😉 ) have a main purpose of encouraging conversation and interaction. They make it a lot easier to find and join in with discussions online about everything from people, to world events to topics, events and more.
They also help to increase your visibility and get your brand discovered.Read More
I have an announcement to make. I love social media. Interacting with people, reading useful tips and generally just having a little nosy really does fuel my life. I wouldn’t go as far to say I’m addicted – but I definitely enjoy it.
Saying that, I also love cottage cheese and my cat. Not at the same time (who knows what would happen). So how do they compare?Read More
November Goals Review
1. Get Christmas sorted [done] - Picture the scene. It's Saturday. You're going to the Trafford Centre. And you completely blast Christmas shopping. Yep, we did it! When you go with the right mindset, you've got a list and you take your time, shopping at this time of year can be really enjoyable. It was great and I can't wait to wrap everything we got.Read More
When it comes to goals, we're all unique in what we want to achieve each month. But this time around I need your advice.Read More
Are you on Instagram?
Of course you are. What a silly question.
The thing is, these days, we're all expected to be on it aren't we? Snapping and filtering our lives away. Don't get me wrong, I love Instagram and I love taking pictures of my life to look back at. But it seems that we're all guilty of one little thing when it comes to this app - we only take photos of the good stuff.Read More
September Goals Review
1. Get into healthy eating habits - This is something I'm very proud to say I've achieved this month. I've been really determined about my eating habits, making sure I only take healthy snacks to work and not going mad at weekends, although I still allow myself a treat or two! And I'm definitely going to carry on.Read More
August Goals Review
1. Get a job - I am beyond thrilled, happy and excited to be able to say that this month I achieved this goal. I will be working for an online e-commerce company as a an e-commerce assistant. The next chapter of my life is beginning.Read More
've been lacking a bit on my journal posts from Sometimes Sweet but this marks the start of them again. I'd really love to know your thoughts on this one too...
Do you use social media in your daily life? Do you think it adds to your relationships with others, or takes away from them? And furthermore, do you think social media adds more positive or negative to your life? Write about your relationship with social media, and talk a bit about how you got started, and what role it plays in your world.Read More