SEVEN FOR SUNDAY: 6TH MARCH 2016
First of all, yay for a brand new month! I've been feeling under the weather this week, but these are the things that have made me smile.
- March really means the start of Spring to me - or it would if it wasn't for the winter snowstorm we had on Friday! It snowed from really early in the morning until about 11am and the ground was completely covered. But snow does make everything look extra extra pretty.
- If you follow me on Twitter you'll have seen me talking about bullet journaling. It's something I really want to try and with all the to-do lists I've got going on, I think this is going to be the best way to do it. I've been getting lots of inspiration from a few bloggers and I've started planning all my spreads. I'm really looking forward to designing them all and putting everything into action.
- This week kicked off in a big way with two guest lectures - one I did at Lancaster University, where I did my undergraduate degree, and one at the University of Central Lancashire, where I got my Masters. I was SO nervous, but during it, I realised this is something I want to start doing more. They were both incredible opportunities and I got lots of feedback too which is great. I never knew my blog would help me do so many things, especially ones I never thought I'd do!
- To help take my nerves away about the talks, Tom took me out for lunch on Monday. We went to a beautiful place near where we live with a canal and lots of friendly ducks! We both treated ourselves to cannelloni and garlic bread, so basically had #allthecheese. It was amazing.
- This week, I also got the chance to meet the Editor of Woman's Weekly, through one of the guest talks I did. Just one of the perks ;). She fired up my passion for magazines again. I'll always buy them, read them and take inspiration from them. So I picked up a few copies of my favourites and I've re-found my love for them. Having a magazine-style blog is something I've always wanted, so watch this space!
- So yep - I've still been feeling under the weather. I can sleep for hours and still wake up feeling tired. Plus I've had a sore throat recently which isn't good. I'm just praying I don't come down with the flu like my mum has! But I know that this is always a sign to make some changes. So over the weekend, I've been relaxing with my favourite magazine and a gorgeous-smelling candle.
- Even though it's snowed, Spring is definitely on its way! Everything is budding, my bunnies are getting to go for long runs on the grass and the days are getting longer. I just can't wait to swap my parka for my new Jaeger Mac and start really feeling the new season!
Today, we're all heading out to our favourite Italian restaurant for a family celebration for Mother's Day, in memory of Grandma and my brother's 22nd Birthday. Happy Sunday!
Let's chat in the comments - what have been some of the highlights of your week? Anything new with you?