The Friday Files: 22 Thoughts You Have 5 Minutes Before A Presentation & Interview
1. I can't remember the first line to my presentation...
2. Why is it that all I can think about is a photo I saw on Instagram this morning?
3. Oh, she's just come out of hers. She looks nervous. That's good.
4. What if that's a good thing for her?
5. What if they think she's amazing?
6. I'm pacing now.
7. Why are my palms so sweaty?
8. Actually, why is everywhere so sweaty? I wish I'd brought deodorant.
9. What if I get in there and I just can't speak? What if instead of talking about what I'm meant to talk about, I start singing the alphabet instead?
10. Oh god, I feel sick.
11. Right come on - pull yourself together. Seriously. Get a grip.
12. I still can't remember the first line of my presentation. I need to get my cue cards out of my bag.
13. I can't find them.
14. Where are they?
15. WHY IS MY BAG SO FULL OF JUNK?!
16. Got them.
17. Now I need to put everything else back into my bag.
18. It's nearly time. Oh man, my heart is pounding.
19. You can do this, you can do this. YOU CAN DO THIS.
20. Go in and smash it. Go in and give the best presentation and be the best candidate they've ever seen. Ignore everyone else. You were made for this job. You want this job.
21. This is your dream job. Ready?