One worry of almost every 20-something out there is the big M word – money.
Once you get that full-time job and you’re finally an “adult” (or so you want to believe!) there seems to be everything to start saving for. A house, holidays, a new laptop – and not to mention the things that can crop up like a smashed phone screen or your car’s MOT. A bad month can turn into a very bad one indeed.
As someone who worries about money a hell of lot, I know how difficult it can be. You want to carry on enjoying yourself, but my oh my, when did a night out for food and cocktails cost so much?
But today, I’ve put together a little list of things and quotes you should remember if you’re worried about money.
1. Money does not equal happiness.
2. Money is not the be all and end all.
3. “Money only impresses lazy girls. When a woman works hard, a man with money is a bonus, not a ladder to upgrade.”
4. Happiness and health come before money.
5. “As you get older you find out that true happiness is not in how much you make or how many degrees you have or how big your house is or how fancy your car is. It’s finding peace and joy and a calmness in your life that will soon become the most important thing to you. Your family are what matters to you, love is what matters to you. Things that are of quality, not of quantity.”
6. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
7. “If you want to know how rich you are, find out how many things you have that money cannot buy.”
8. Life is about the little moments – not moments that money can buy.
9. Less equals more.
10. "Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
11. "Luxury to me is not about buying expensive things; it’s about living in a way where you appreciate things.”
12. “There are some things that money can’t buy, like morals, manners and integrity.”
13. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.”
14. Worrying doesn’t help anything.
15. “Worrying doesn’t stop bad things from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.”
16. “Empty pockets cannot hold you back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.”
17. “Success is not always what you see.”
18. “There are people so poor that the only thing they have is money.”
19. “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.”
20. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.”
21. “The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.”
Is there anything you tell yourself when you're worried about money? Leave a comment and let me know which one of these is your favourite